If you can create an environment that presents itself as a luxurious haven, your master bedroom may just sell your home.
- Present a soft, sophisticated colour palette, which buyers will find calm and relaxing. Shades of white, grey, silver and gold are perfect. Light blue can also be very serene.
- Matching bedside tables with oversized lamps can add drama and a sense of luxury.
- Bedding that is one size bigger will make your room feel more opulent. Just add cushions and a luxe throw.
- If space allows, add an arm chair to create a nice reading nook and a place to sit and enjoy a quiet cup of tea.
- A spacious and well fitted out walk in robe can make us women feel we’re in wardrobe heaven – make sure you declutter, colour code clothes and use matching hangers to create a sense of extra space.
- If your room has a view, be sure to show it off. I’ve had a property sell simply because of a master bedroom which featured access to a private garden courtyard.
What to put away: Personal and family photos, glamour photos(!), trinkets, perfume, clothing/underwear (sorry, but it has to be said!) and of course… dancing poles. Yes. I’ve seen them and I mean it. Put them away. 🙂