Kevin and Ivy were both in their 70s and approached me to sell their family home in Bentleigh East. They were extremely anxious about the process, so to put them at ease we decided to proceed via a private sale, with no formal marketing. The first week brought them 8 buyers and 2 offers, 1 of which was at a level they were both happy with.
Kevin and Ivy asked me what I thought they should do and this was my answer: “Kevin, Ivy, this is your home, your decision. This offer allows you to do what you want to do, plus a bit more. But I believe, if we take it to auction, we can get you more.”
Three weeks later, our auction brought Kevin and Ivy an additional $261,000. Kevin said to me after the auction: “You have changed our lives.”
The moment of truth came when asked by my vendors, what I thought they should do.
Option 1: To accept the earlier offer and ‘run’;
Option 2: to spend another few weeks looking for a better offer.
My question to you is this: Do you want the option 1 or option 2 agent?